Please join us on Wednesday, May 23 at 7:30 PM in the ONCE Lounge (156 Highland Avenue) for the 2018 SYSL Annual Meeting.
Who is invited?
All SYSL members in good standing. If you are the parent/guardian of a current SYSL players or a current SYSL volunteer, you are an SYSL member.
What will we be doing?
Electing the 2018/19 SYSL Board of Directors, discussing issues affecting our league, and holding a number of member votes.
Who is up for election to the Board of Directors?
*President: Jake Wilson
*Vice President: Elizabeth Shea
*Treasurer: Jason Lambert/Rob Odilon
*Clerk: Lucas Friedlaender
*Registrar: Andrew Platt
*Player Development Director: Christopher Love
*Coach Development Director: John Sanders
Equipment Director: Marco Vieira
Uniform Director: David Turin
CORI Director: Jason Evans
Fields Director: David Ahouse
Communications & Social Media Director: Ben Kauffman
Webmaster: Joseph McMahon
Ombudsman: Jonathan Calvert
Boys Travel Program Director: Elizabeth Shea
Girls Travel Program Director: Beth Balter
Grade 1/Grade 2 (U7/U8) Age Director: Natasha Reese-McLaughlin
Grade Pre-K/Grade K (U5/U6) Age Director: Ellenor Barish
Toddler Age Director: Kim Volz
Travel Referee Coordinator: Thomas Heinz
In-Town Referee Coordinator: Rhonda Corey
Are there any openings on the Board of Directors?
We curently are looking for volunteers for the following positions:
– MYSL Town Coordinator
– Community Relations Director
What are the issues that will be discussed?
We will give an update on the fields crisis affecting our Travel program and endangering our Grade 5/Grade 6 (U12) program specifically. This will include the latest on a the fields we use and future fields projects — and their potential impact on our league. We also will hold a discussion on how we can advocate most effectively for our kids.
We will quickly run through the recently amended SYSL by-laws, with changes that included:
– updating the board composition to reflect changes in terminology (Grade 1, not U7) and new roles, as well as upping the minimum number of board members from 3 to 10
– allowing for the compensation of volunteers for certain jobs
– spelling out processes for the board suspending or removing a member and for a removed member to appeal for reinstatement
– updating SYSL member rights
– changing the start of new board terms to July 1, instead of taking effect immediately at Annual Meeting
– specifying web colors for the SYSL logo and website
– updating technical language on our official seal (logo)
– updating and fixing obsolete language in general
We will have a member discussion on a number of issues, including MYSL, our In-Town Program, our Travel Program, volunteer/coach recruitment, outreach, sponsorship, and our partnership with the Positive Coaching Alliance.
Aside from board elections, what will members be voting on?
1. an endorsement by the league of the rapid implementation of the city’s newly updated Fields Master Plan (FMP)
2. new Coach Code of Conduct
3. new Parent Code of Conduct
We hope to see you on Wednesday night!